Backup proxy servers help Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 leverage network traffic when backing up or restoring organizations data. They also hold backup repositories (directories) in which your backup data is stored. For more information about backup repositories, see Backup Repositories.
Consider the following:
- A default backup proxy server is the machine running Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, that is — the management server.
It is recommended that after you install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, you configure an additional set of backup proxy servers to manage your data in a more efficient manner.
- A backup proxy server can be deployed on a physical or virtual machine.
- A server with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and backup proxy servers must be deployed within the same or a trusted domain.
- Each backup proxy server can process one or several organizations.
- An organization can be processed by one or several backup proxies.
- A backup proxy server is responsible for sending email notifications about backup job completion results.
To send email notifications, backup proxy servers use the same SMTP server that is configured, as described in Configuring Notification Settings.
In This Section
- Adding Backup Proxy Servers
- Editing Backup Proxy Servers
- Removing Backup Proxy Servers
- Modifying Backup Proxy Server Properties
- Rescanning Backup Proxy Servers
- Upgrading Backup Proxy Servers