Restore Portal Settings
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 provides users with the ability to explore and restore data from backups by themselves or delegate this task to restore operators. In these scenarios, Veeam Explorers are not needed to explore and restore backed-up data. Users use Restore Portal — a web-based solution instead and perform all operations in a web browser window. You configure the Restore Portal settings if you want to allow users to perform self-service restore. For more information about Restore Portal, see Data Restore Using Restore Portal.
To configure the Restore Portal settings, do the following:
- In the main menu, click General Options.
- Open the Restore Portal tab.
- Select the Enable Restore Portal check box.
- Do one of the following:
- Register a new Azure AD application automatically
To do this, click Create and follow the steps of the Create Application wizard. Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 automatically grants the required permissions to the Azure AD application that you create and generates an SSL certificate. For more information, see Creating New Azure AD Application.
- Use an existing Azure AD application. Perform the following actions:
- In the Application ID field, specify an identification number of Azure AD application that you want to use to access Restore Portal.
You can find this identification number in the application settings of your Azure Active Directory. For more information, see this Microsoft article. Make sure to manually grant the required permissions to your Azure AD application.
- In the Application certificate section, click Install to specify an SSL certificate that you want to use for data exchange between Restore Portal and the specified Azure AD application.
You can generate a new certificate or select an existing certificate using the Select Certificate wizard. For more information, see Installing SSL Certificates.
If you generated a new self-signed certificate for the existing Azure AD application, you must add this certificate in the application settings of your Azure Active Directory.
- Click OK.