Editing Backup Repository Settings
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 allows you to edit backup repository settings.
Consider the following:
- Editing the Backup proxy and Path values is not possible after the repository was created.
- Extending a backup repository with object storage is not possible after the backup repository was added to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure.
For more information on how to extend a backup repository with object storage, see Specify Object Storage.
- Removing object storage from the backup repository configuration is not possible after the backup repository was extended with object storage.
- The retention type of a backup repository cannot be changed once set.
For more information about retention policies, see Retention Policy.
- The Edit command is unavailable if a backup repository is out of date.
For information on how to upgrade a backup repository, see Upgrading Backup Repositories.
To edit backup repository settings, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select one of the following nodes:
- Backup Repositories. Contains all backup repositories added to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure.
- Object storage. Contains backup repositories extended with S3 Compatible object storage, Azure Blob Storage Hot/Cool access tiers, Amazon S3 Standard and Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access storage classes.
- Local disk. Contains Default Backup Repository and other JET-based backup repositories.
- Archive. Contains backup repositories extended with Azure Blob Storage Archive access tier and all Amazon S3 Glacier storage classes.
- In the preview pane, do one of the following:
- Select a backup repository and click Edit Repository on the ribbon.
- Right-click a backup repository and select Edit.
- Modify the required settings.
You can change the following parameters:
- The backup repository name and description.
- The retention period.
If you have extended your backup repository with object storage for which immutability was enabled, you cannot change the retention period.