Step 3. Select Objects to Back Up
At this step of the wizard, select objects that you want to back up.
In Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, you can select to back up the entire organization or choose specific users, groups, sites, teams, and organizations.
Consider the following:
- You can create only one entire organization backup job per organization.
- Objects that are already added to the scope of any of your backup jobs will be skipped from the entire organization processing list.
- Due to possible access limitations some Sites objects may be unavailable.
- Due to Microsoft limitations, you cannot add the following objects for Microsoft 365 organizations with enabled security defaults: Discovery Search Mailboxes, Public Folder Mailboxes and Dynamic Distribution Groups.
- When you add an Organization object, processing options are applied to all users, groups and sites in the selected organization.
To select objects to back up, do the following:
- Select one of the following options:
- Back up entire organization to back up all objects within the selected Microsoft organization.
- Back up the following objects to back up specific users, groups, sites, teams, and organizations.
- If you selected the Back up the following objects option, click Add and select one of the following options: Users, Groups, Sites, Teams, or Organization.
If you select a group, site or team as an individual object for backup (and not as a part of a user account, group or organization), this object does not consume a unit in the Veeam license.