To perform backup from a tenant’s Microsoft Office 365 organizations, the service provider should receive the tenant’s Microsoft organization credentials, so that you can connect to the tenant’s Office 365 or hybrid Exchange organizations. The same credentials will be used by tenants to connect to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server when using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange for self-service recovery. If you plan to perform tenant's hybrid organizations backup, you need to obtain tenant's on-premises Exchange connection settings such as the server name, server ports, and credentials.
After you have configured your environment to work with the tenant’s data, you may proceed with configuring your Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 application environment. The following sections will help you to understand the following:
- To learn how to configure overall Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 settings, see the Configuring Program Options section.
- To learn how to allow tenants to perform self-restore procedures, see the Configuring Authentication Settings section.
- To learn how to configure backup proxy servers, see the Configuring Backup Proxies section.
- To learn how to configure backup repositories, see the Configuring Repositories section.
- To learn how to add tenants' Exchange organizations to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 scope, see Adding Organizations section. To be able to access tenants' Exchange organizations, make sure you have been provided with the appropriate Microsoft organization credentials from the tenant.
- To learn how to create a backup of tenants' Exchange organization mailboxes, see Performing Organization Mailboxes Data Backup
It is recommended that you configure dedicated proxies in the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 infrastructure. Using the default proxy that is installed along with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server to process tenant data is not recommended due to a possible high operational load.