Continue with this section to learn how to configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to send email notifications about backup job completion results.
Notifications about backup job completion results are sent from a backup proxy server, which you select at the Specify Backup Proxy and Repository step of the new backup job wizard. For more information about backup proxy servers, see Backup Proxy Servers.
To configure email notifications, do the following:
- Go to the main menu and click General Options.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Select the Enable e-mail notifications checkbox.
- Specify the address of a server you want to use as an SMTP server.
- To provide advanced settings, click Advanced and specify the following:
- A port number of an STMP server you want to use.
By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 establishes a connection to smtp.office365.com via port 587. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
- Select the Connect Using SSL checkbox to establish a secure connection.
- Select the The SMTP server requires authentication checkbox and provide authentication credentials.
- In the From field, specify the email address to be shown as a sender.
- In the To filed, specify the email address for a notification recipient.
To specify multiple email addresses, use semicolon.
- By default, a notification Subject will be as follows: [%JobResult%] %OrgName% - %JobName% (%MailboxCount% mailboxes), %Issues% issues.
- %JobResult%. A backup job result (Success, Warning, Failed).
- %OrgName%. An Office 365 organization for which the job was configured.
- %JobName%. The backup job name.
- %MailboxCount%. The number of processed mailboxes.
- %Issues%. The number of mailboxes with Failed or Warning states.
- %Time%. Date and time of backup job completion.
- In the Attachment drop-down list, select whether to include a detailed report as an attachment to the email.
Mind that such a report is only sent if contains more than 1000 users.
- Click Test Message to send a test message.
By default, system notifications are sent every time a backup job completes its sessions with any of the following states: Success, Warning and Failure. To turn off unwanted notifications, clear the corresponding checkboxes.
If a backup job is configured to perform retry attempts, you can select the Suppress notifications until last retry checkbox to send notifications only after the last attempt.