On the left of the main window, there is the navigation pane that enables you to easily access the entities you want to work with. The preview pane (on the right) displays details for the selected entities - for example, if you select an organization, all information about jobs that process its mailboxes will be available in the preview pane.
You can switch between the Organizations, Backup Infrastructure and History views, using the tabs below the navigation pane.
Operation commands are organized into logical groups and collected under tabs on the ribbon. The ribbon is displayed at the top of the main application window.
For example, the following commands are available in the certain views:
- The Home ribbon tab provides quick access to some common operations – for example, adding an organization to the program scope, or removing it. This tab is visible in all views.
- The Jobs ribbon tab contains commands specific for the jobs. It will be displayed after you select the job node organization node in the navigation pane.
- The Backup Proxy ribbon tab contains commands specific for backup proxies and repositories. It will be displayed after you switch to the Backup Infrastructure view.
Commands for operations with selected entity (organization, job and others) are also available in that entity's shortcut menu.
The status bar in the bottom shows the following information:
- License used – this counter corresponds to the number of mailboxes that have at least one restore point created in the past 31 days. If you do not archive a mailbox for 31 day, its license will be revoked (freed up) and can be applied to another mailbox.
- Connected to – connected Veeam Backup for Office 365 server name.
- Support – the number of remaining days of support.
The main menu of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 can be opened by clicking its icon in the top left corner of the main window. The menu contains commands related to general application settings.
In particular, you can carry out the following:
- Configure program options, as explained later in this guide
- Open Windows PowerShell to run Veeam Backup for MS Office 365 cmdlets, as described in the documentation (PowerShell Reference)
- Open current log file or folder that contains all log files
- Access online Help
Note that you can access the program Help in any of the following ways:
- Click F1 when working with any wizard or dialog window (including main window) - this will bring up the corresponding topic of the online Help, opened with your default Internet browser.
- From the main menu, selecting the Online help command.
- Also, you can use the Technical Documentation page on the Veeam web site, as said in the section above.
- Install or view the product license
- View information about the program
- Exit the program