Installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and Veeam Explorers
You can simultaneously install Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 (including Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Service, Veeam Backup Proxy for Microsoft 365 Service and Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API Service) and Veeam Explorers on a machine that you want to be a Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server.
To install Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and Veeam Explorers, do the following:
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation package.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file.
- On the splash screen, click Install.
- Click Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the following documents: End User Software License Agreement, Licensing policy and 3rd party software notices and information. If you accept the terms of these documents, click I Accept. If you do not accept the terms of these documents, cancel installation and do not use the product.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration to find the potential installation problems. You may be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
- At the Data Location step, specify the installation folder.
By default, all Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 components are installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup365 folder. To install to a different location, click Browse and specify a folder.
Veeam Explorers are installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers folder. Keep in mind that you cannot specify a different location for Veeam Explorers.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.