Upgrading to Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 6.0
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 supports upgrade to version 6.0 from following versions of the product:
- 4.0 (build 188.8.131.525)
- 4a (builds 184.108.40.2063, 220.127.116.110)
- 4b (builds 18.104.22.1686, 22.214.171.1249)
- 4c (builds 126.96.36.1999, 188.8.131.521, 184.108.40.2065, 220.127.116.112, 18.104.22.1685)
- 5.0 (builds 22.214.171.1241, 126.96.36.1993)
- 5a (build 188.8.131.520)
- 5b (builds 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124)
- 5c (build 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52)
- 5d (build 184.108.40.2063, 220.127.116.115, 18.104.22.1681, 22.214.171.1240, 126.96.36.1993)
Consider the following:
- All modifications made to the Config.xml file manually will be lost.
- The Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 RESTful API Service must be enabled manually after the upgrade. To do this, use the services.msc console.
To upgrade Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and Veeam Explorers to version 6.0, do the following:
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation package.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file.
- On the splash screen, click Update.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the following documents: End User License Agreement, Licensing policy and 3rd party software notices and information. If you accept the terms of these documents, click I Accept. If you do not accept the terms of these documents, cancel installation and do not use the product.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration to find the potential installation problems. You may be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
- At the Ready to install step, review versions of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 components that are ready to upgrade and click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.
If you have upgraded Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 from version 4 and you want to back up Microsoft Teams data, after installing Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams, do the following:
You can select this check box only if both the Exchange Online and SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business check boxes are selected.
Once installed, the following entities will be marked as Out of Date:
- Backup repositories
For information on how to upgrade backup repositories, see Upgrading Backup Repositories.
- Backup jobs
For information on how to upgrade backup jobs, see Upgrading Backup Job.
- Backup proxy servers
For information on how to upgrade backup proxy servers, see Upgrading Backup Proxy Servers
Consider that a default backup proxy server will be upgraded automatically.