Step 5. Specify Object Storage Bucket
At this step of the wizard, specify object storage bucket and folder where you want to save your data.
- From the Bucket drop-down list, select a bucket.
Make sure that the bucket you want to use to store your data was created in advance; Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 does not support creating new buckets.
- In the Folder field, select a folder to which you want to map your object storage, and which will be used to store offloaded data.
To select a folder, click Browse and either select an existing folder or create a new one by clicking New Folder.
For more information on how data is stored, see Object Storage Structure.
- Select the Make backup copies immutable for the entire duration of their retention policy check box to enable protection of backup copies against accidental data deletions, malware activity and modifications that may be performed by 3rd party applications. For more information about immutability, see Immutability.
If you do not want to use immutability, make sure that Versioning is not enabled for the bucket in which you want to save your data.
- Click Advanced if you want to configure storage consumption limitations.
- In the Advanced Settings window, do the following:
- Select the Limit object storage consumption to check box and specify the limit value in GB, TB or PB.
If you select this check box, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 limits object storage capacity and prohibits running new jobs when the specified value is exceeded.
- Click OK.