The Password Manager allows you to create and keep passwords that you can use to encrypt data that is being transferred to object storage repositories. Such a password can be specified in the Specify Object Storage Repository step.
To encrypt data, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 uses the AES-256 specification.
To add a new password, do the following:
- In the main menu, click Manage passwords.
- In the Password Manager dialog, click Add.
- In the Password field, enter a new password.
- In the Verify password field, re-enter the password.
- In the Hint field, enter a hint that might help you remember the password.
Make sure to remember your password because, if lost, it cannot be restored.
In This Section