After you selected On-premises Microsoft Exchange, you will be taken to the On-premises Exchange connection settings step of the wizard. Specify the following connection parameters:
- Server – Microsoft Exchange server EWS endpoint URL, for example, e.mail.mycompany.com. If necessary, contact your Exchange administrator for that URL.
If the server requires SSL connection, select Use SSL. After that you can select to skip one or several checks – for that, use the corresponding check boxes:
- Skip certificate trusted authority verification
- Skip certificate common name verification
- Skip revocation check
- Username and Password – enter credentials for connection to the Exchange organization. User account should be entered in the domain\user format and have sufficient access rights.
- Grant impersonation to this user – use this option to grant impersonation automatically. (You might have it granted beforehand, as described in the section above – if so, clear this check box.)
- Configure throttling policy – use this option to automatically configure a throttling policy for connection with this server. With this check box selected, Veeam will automatically create VeeamArchivingThrottlingPolicy for the specified Exchange server, which can be examined on that server using the administrative UI.
At the next step, Veeam will do the following:
- Verify the connection settings you have provided, including connection to Exchange Web Services (EWS).
- Run the appropriate checks (if not instructed to skip them).
- Perform the necessary roles assignment for the specified account.
- Configure throttling policy settings.
Wait for these operations to complete. If any of them does not complete successfully, you may need to exit the wizard and check the required settings, and then retry. Contact your Exchange administrator, if necessary.
Added on-premises Exchange organization will be displayed under the Organizations node in the navigation pane of the Organizations view, having a blue Exchange icon next to it: