Continue with this section to learn more about upgrading the current version of the application with a newer one.
To upgrade the application, do the following:
- Go to the main menu and click Upgrade.
- At the Check for available updates step, click Next.
Make sure to open the port required to access the Veeam auto-update server. For more information, see Used Ports.
- Wait until Veeam checks whether a newer version is available. To abort the request, click Cancel.
- If available, review details about new features and enhancements and click Upgrade.
During the upgrade, Veeam closes the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 console, whereupon you will be offered to go through the setup steps, as described in Installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Once the installation is complete, launch Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, as described in Launching Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is also capable of checking for a newer version of the application automatically. For that, select the Automatically check and notify me on available updates checkbox on the Updates tab, as described in Configuring Update Notifications.