Installing REST API on Separate Machine
Consider the following:
To install the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API component on a separate machine, do the following:
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation package.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file.
- On the splash screen, click Install.
- Click Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API & Restore Portal.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the following documents: End User Software License Agreement, Licensing policy and 3rd party software notices and information. If you accept the terms of these documents, click I Accept. If you do not accept the terms of these documents, cancel installation and do not use the product.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration to find the potential installation problems. You may be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
- At the Data Location step, specify the installation folder.
By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API component is installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup365 folder. To install to a different location, click Browse and specify a folder.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.
Restore Portal is deployed automatically along with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API component installation. After you installed the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API component on a separate machine, you must configure the REST API and Restore Portal settings. It is required to establish communication and data exchange between Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API Service and the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server and allows Restore Portal to communicate with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. For more information, see Configuring REST API and Restore Portal on Separate Machine.