Installing Veeam Explorers
This installation scenario allows you to install Veeam Explorers when configuring Backup as a Service for Microsoft 365 for tenants. For more information, see For Tenants.
You can install Veeam Explorers individually only on a server running Veeam Backup & Replication.
To install Veeam Explorers on a server with Veeam Backup & Replication, do the following:
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation package.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file.
- On the splash screen, click Install.
- Click the Install Veeam Explorers link. This link is available only if you run the installation wizard on a server with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the following documents: End User Software License Agreement, Licensing policy and 3rd party software notices and information. To accept the license agreements and continue installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, click I Accept.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration to find the potential installation problems. If the wizard detects problems, you will be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
If problems are not detected, the System Configuration Check step will be skipped.
- At the Ready to install step, review versions of Veeam Explorers that are ready to install and click Install.
Veeam Explorers are installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers folder. Keep in mind that you cannot specify a different location for Veeam Explorers.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.