To launch the New Backup Proxy wizard, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Proxies node.
- On the Backup Proxy tab, click Add Proxy on the ribbon.
Alternatively, in the inventory pane, right-click the Backup Proxies node and select Add backup proxy.
Consider the following:
- Make sure that the default admin share ADMIN$ (C:\Windows) is enabled on a server that you want to add as a backup proxy server.
- When you add a new backup proxy server, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 installs the Veeam Backup Proxy for Microsoft Office 365 Service on that machine to manage inbound/outbound traffic.
- Once you have added a new backup proxy server, you can utilize its capacities to store your backup data by creating a new backup repository on such a proxy. For more information, see Adding Backup Repositories.
- If a server that is used as a backup proxy does not have direct access to the internet, you can configure an internet proxy server to be utilized as a gateway. For more information, see Configuring Internet Proxy Server for Backup Proxies.