Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is licensed per overall number of Microsoft Office 365 users in all Office 365 Organizations. Each user can have a personal mailbox, an Online Archive mailbox or both. In any case, you will need one license file (i.e. per user). For shared and resource mailboxes license is not required.
- If an organization you add to the application scope comprises 200 mailboxes and then you add another organization having 100 mailboxes, you will need 300 mailbox users to be licensed in total.
- If you have 200 users mailboxes, 5 shared mailboxes, and 5 resource mailboxes, you will only need 200 user mailboxes to be licensed.
Veeam also considers managed mailboxes that have at least one restore point that was created within the last 31 days. If you do not archive a mailbox for 31 days, its license will be revoked and can be applied to another mailbox.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 supports the following types of licenses:
- Subscription License. Paid, fully-functional license that expires at the end of the subscription term which is 1 or 3 years from the contract start date (depending on the subscription length).
- Rental License. Paid, fully-functional license that expires at the end of the contract which is the last day of the month and normally 1 month from the contract start date. This license type is distributed only to service providers.
- Not For Resale License. Free, fully-functional license that can be used for product demonstration, training and education. This license is not for resale or other commercial use.
- Evaluation License. Free, fully-functional license that can be used for evaluation and testing purposes only.