Editing Backup Proxy Server Settings
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 allows you to edit settings of your backup proxy server. Actually, when you edit backup proxy server settings, you add the backup proxy anew to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure with modified settings.
To edit backup proxy server settings, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Proxies node.
- In the preview pane, do one of the following:
- Select a backup proxy server and on the Backup Proxy tab, click Edit Proxy on the ribbon.
- Right-click a backup proxy server and select Edit.
- Modify the required settings.
You can change the following parameters:
- The port number to access the backup proxy server computer.
- User credentials to connect this backup proxy.
Consider the following:
- Editing a host server name is prohibited once it is set.
- The Edit command is unavailable if a backup proxy server needs to be upgraded. For more information, see Upgrading Backup Proxy Servers.
- You cannot change the type of a backup proxy server from the domain backup proxy to the workgroup backup proxy and vice versa.