Registering Application in Azure Portal
To register an application in the Azure portal, do the following:
- Log in to the Azure portal using an account that you want to use for sending email notifications. The account must have an active subscription.
- Register an application. For more information on registering applications, see this Microsoft article.
- Grant the application the Mail.Send permission for the Microsoft Graph API.
- Add a new client secret. It is used to prove the application identity to the Microsoft identity platform.
- Record the following data required for acquiring an access token:
- Directory (tenant) ID
- Application (client) ID
- Client secret