Removing Backup Repositories
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 allows you to remove backup repositories from the backup infrastructure if you no longer need them.
Consider the following:
- When removing a backup repository, backup files that reside in such a repository will not be removed.
- The last remaining backup repository cannot be removed.
- When removing an extended backup repository that was synchronized, the backup data located in associated object storage becomes unavailable. For more information about repositories synchronization, see Synchronizing Repositories.
- You cannot remove a backup repository that is in use by backup jobs.
To remove such a repository, remove (or re-map) all backup jobs that are mapped to this repository and then remove a repository. For more information on how to remove a backup job, see Removing Backup Job.
To remove a backup repository, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select one of the following nodes:
- Backup Repositories. Contains all backup repositories added to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 backup infrastructure.
- Object storage. Contains backup repositories extended with S3 Compatible object storage, Azure Blob Storage Hot/Cool access tiers, Amazon S3 Standard and Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access storage classes.
- Local disk. Contains Default Backup Repository and other JET-based backup repositories.
- Archive. Contains backup repositories extended with Azure Blob Storage Archive access tier and all Amazon S3 Glacier storage classes.
- In the preview pane, do one of the following:
- Select a backup repository and click Remove Repository on the ribbon.
- Right-click a backup repository and select Remove.