Removing Backup Repositories
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 allows you to remove backup repositories from the backup infrastructure if you no longer need them.
Consider the following:
- When removing a backup repository, backup files that reside in such a repository will not be removed.
- The last remaining backup repository cannot be removed.
- When removing an extended backup repository that was synchronized, the backup data located in associated object storage becomes unavailable. For more information about repositories synchronization, see Synchronizing Repositories.
- You cannot remove a backup repository that is in use by backup jobs
To remove such a repository, remove (or re-map) all backup jobs that are mapped to this repository and then remove a repository. For more information on how to remove a backup job, see Removing Backup Job.
To remove a backup repository, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the preview pane, select a backup repository.
- On the Backup Repository tab, click Remove Repository on the ribbon.
Alternatively, in the preview pane, right-click a backup repository and select Remove.