Continue with this section to learn more about removing a backup repository from the application scope.
Consider the following:
- When removing a backup repository, backup files that reside in such a repository will not be removed.
- You cannot remove a backup repository which is in use by backup jobs.
To remove such a repository, remove (or re-map) all backup jobs that are mapped to this repository and then remove a repository. For more information on how to remove a backup job, see Managing Backup Jobs.
- The last remaining backup repository cannot be removed.
To remove a repository, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories.
- In the preview pane, select a backup repository to remove.
- On the Repositories tab, click Remove Repository or right-click a backup repository and select Remove.