REST API Settings
You can use the REST API to communicate with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. For more information, see REST API Reference.
Also, REST API is used by Restore Portal to communicate with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server. Restore Portal allows users to perform self-service restore. For more information about Restore Portal, see Data Restore Using Restore Portal.
To configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API settings, do the following:
- In the main menu, click General Options.
- Open the REST API tab.
- Select the Enable REST service check box.
- In the Authentication token lifetime field, specify the lifetime value for an authentication token (in minutes).
REST API authorization is based on the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework.
- In the HTTPS port field, specify a port number which you use to access the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 RESTful API Service.
Also, Restore Portal uses this port to communicate with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 RESTful API Service. For more information, see Used Ports.
- Click Install to specify an SSL certificate.
You can generate a new certificate or select an existing certificate using the Select Certificate wizard. For more information, see Installing SSL Certificates.
- Click OK.