To configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API settings, do the following:
- Open Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Go to the main menu and click Options.
- Go to the REST API tab.
- Select Enable REST Service check box.
- In the Authentication token lifetime (in minutes) field, specify the lifetime value for the authentication token provided by the server to the client.Default value is 60 minutes. RESTful API authorization process is based on the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework.
- In the HTTPS Port field, specify the port number.
- Communications between the server and the client is secured with the SSL protocol, therefore you should provide a path to the certificate file. For that, in the Installed certificate section of the Options dialog, click Install. See the Installing SSL Certificate section.
- After you have located a certificate file, the certificate data will be displayed in the corresponding fields.
- Click Apply. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API Service (inactive by default) will be started. This service is running in the background to support server-client communications.
Send feedback | Updated on 2/7/2018