If you plan to utilize Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API, then go to the REST API tab:
Here you should specify the following settings:
- Select the Enable REST Service check box.
- Authentication process uses OAuth mechanism, and here you can specify lifetime value for the authentication token provided by server to the client. Default is 60 minutes.
- Server and client communicate using HTTPS protocol, so the corresponding port should be open. Default HTTPS Port number is 4443.
- Communication between server and client is secured with the SSL protocol. For SSL connections, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API uses SSL certificate. You should provide the path to certificate file in the section. For that, in the Installed certificate section of the Options dialog, you should click Install to launch the Select Certificate wizard.
- After you have located the certificate file, its data will be displayed in the corresponding fields.
- When you click Apply, the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 RESTful API Service (inactive by default) will be started. This service will run in the background, supporting server-client communication.