The Synchronize Repository option allows you to synchronize cache between object storage and extended backup repositories.
Such synchronization is required when an extended backup repository has the Out of Sync state. This state is assigned if you skip synchronization during extension of a backup repository with object storage.
Once cache is synchronized, you can do the following:
- Open and restore data from backups located in object storage.
- Create new backups and offload these backups to object storage. For more information, see Data Backup and Backup Copy.
To synchronize cache between object storage and extended backup repositories, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories > Out of Sync node.
- In the preview pane, do one of the following:
- Select a backup repository and on the Backup Repository tab, click Synchronize Repository on the ribbon.
- Right-click a backup repository and select Synchronize.
During synchronization, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 downloads metadata (cache) from object storage to the selected backup repository. For more information about cache, see About Cache.
If you want to stop synchronization, click Stop Sync on the ribbon.