If a server on which the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 solution is deployed does not have direct access to the internet, you can assign an internet proxy server to be used as a gateway.
To set up an internet proxy server, do the following:
- Go to the main menu and click General Options.
- Go to the Internet Proxy tab.
- Select the Use the following internet proxy settings option.
- In the Host field, specify a server that has access to the internet and which you want to use as your internet proxy.
You can provide a DNS or IP address of a server.
- In the Port field, provide a port number via which to connect to the specified server.
- Select the Use authentication checkbox to provide authentication credentials to access the internet proxy server.
- Click OK to save the settings.
In addition to configuring an internet proxy server for your Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server, you can configure such a server for each of your backup proxies, as described in Configuring Internet Proxy Server for Backup Proxies.