Continue with this section to learn how to add a new backup repository.
The following types of backup repositories are supported:
- A local directory on a backup proxy server.
The default backup repository is the C:\VeeamRepository directory on a computer with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS) connected to the backup server, including external USB/eSATA drives and raw device mapping (RDM) volumes.
- Storage Area Network (SAN).
A backup server must be connected to the SAN fabric via hardware, virtual HBA or software iSCSI initiator.
- An SMB 3.0 share (experimental support).
- Azure and/or AWS virtual machines.
For more information about deploying the solution on to either of these platforms, see Deploying on Azure and AWS.
Consider the following:
To add a new backup repository, do the following:
- Go to Backup Infrastructure > Backup Repositories.
- On the Repositories tab, click Add Repository or right-click a backup repository and select Add backup repository.
- Proceed to Specify Backup Repository Name.