Step 5. Specify SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams Credentials
This step is only available if you did not select the Use the same credentials for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams check box at the Specify Azure AD Application Credentials step of the wizard.
At this step of the wizard, enter credentials to connect to the Microsoft SharePoint Online organization. Keep in mind that if you plan to back up Microsoft Teams data, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 will also use these credentials to connect to Microsoft Teams.
To enter credentials, do the following:
- In the Application ID field, specify an identification number of the Azure AD application.
You can find this number in the application settings of your Microsoft Azure Active Directory, as described in this Microsoft article.
- Choose an Azure AD application authentication type. You can select either Application secret or Application certificate:
- To use a secret key, in the Application secret field, enter a secret key to access your custom application.
To obtain a secret key, you will need to generate it first, as described in this Microsoft article.
Mind that a key will become hidden once you leave or refresh the page in the Azure portal. Consider saving the key to a secure location.
- To use a certificate, switch to the Application certificate option and click Install. For more information, see SSL Certificates.
To be able to use a certificate, you must upload it to the Azure portal, as described in this Microsoft article.
- In the Username and App password fields, specify authentication credentials to connect to the Microsoft Office 365 organization.
The user account must be provided in either of the following formats: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you are using an ADFS account, you can only use a non-MFA enabled ADFS account.
- Select the Grant this account required roles and permissions check box to automatically assign the Site Collection Administrator role that is required to back up Microsoft SharePoint Sites.