Step 5. Specify SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams Credentials
This step is only available if you did not select the Use the same credentials for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams check box at the Specify Azure AD Application Credentials step of the wizard.
At this step of the wizard, enter credentials to connect to the SharePoint Online organization. Keep in mind that if you plan to back up Microsoft Teams data, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 will also use these credentials to connect to Microsoft Teams.
To enter credentials, do the following:
- In the Application ID field, specify an identification number of your Azure AD application.
You can find this number in an application settings in your Azure Active Directory. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
- Select an Azure AD application authentication type. You can select either Application secret or Application certificate:
- To use a secret key, select the Application secret option and enter a secret key in the field nearby to access your custom application.
To obtain a secret key, you will need to generate it first. For more information on how to generate a secret key, see this Microsoft article.
Keep in mind that a key will become hidden once you leave or refresh the page in the Azure portal. Consider saving the key to a secure location.
- To use a certificate, select the Application certificate option and click Install. For more information, see Installing SSL Certificates.
Keep in mind that you must upload a certificate file to the Azure portal beforehand. For more information, see this Microsoft article.
- In the Username and App password fields, specify a user account credentials to connect to your Microsoft 365 organization.
You must provide a user account in one of the following formats: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are using an ADFS account, you can only use a non-MFA enabled ADFS account.
- Select the Grant this account required roles and permissions check box to automatically assign the Site Collection Administrator role that is required to back up Microsoft SharePoint Sites.