Veeam MP for VMware Collection Architecture
The Veeam MP for VMware solution utilizes the following components (for detailed requirements, refer to the Installation Guide):
- OpsMgr Server
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2022
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2019
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2016
Consider the following:
- ESXi 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, vSphere Hypervisor (FREE ESXi)
- vCenter Server 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
Veeam Management Pack for VMware components
- Veeam VMware Collector (Collector) — gathers topology, event and performance data from VMware systems.
- Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service (VE Service) — is used for centralized configuration of Collectors, failover and load balancing control, and license distribution.
- Veeam Virtualization Extensions UI (Veeam UI) — is a web-based (IIS) UI used to configure the VE Service and managed Collectors.
- Veeam Management Packs (Veeam MPs) — provide rich and flexible capabilities for VMware management, natively integrated with OpsMgr. Advanced monitors, dashboards and reports are included out-of-box.
In This Section