This widget allows you to track the health state and overall resource utilization for the selected infrastructure objects.
This section provides step-by-step instructions that will help you understand how to use the Morning Coffee widget. Consider the following example:
You have a very large infrastructure with lots of datacenters, which makes it difficult to monitor data in the default Morning Coffee Dashboard. You need to narrow the monitoring scope and create a separate Morning Coffee widget for a specific datacenter.
In a dashboard, click to add a new widget and follow the next steps:
- At the Template step, choose Veeam > Veeam Infrastructure Summary Widget.
- At the General Properties step, specify widget display name and description.
- At the Management Pack step, choose VMware.
- At the Scope step, click Add to choose what infrastructure objects will be included in the widget scope.
Keep in mind that Veeam MP for VMware comes with separate _vCenter Compute Topology and _vCenter Storage Topology topologies which have different root objects. If you add a compute topology container, the Morning Coffee Dashboard will not automatically add storage objects from that container and will not display storage information. For this reason, if you need to add a compute topology object, you will also need to add a corresponding storage topology object.
The Add Groups or Objects window will open. To follow this example:
- Select the Show all objects and groups option.
- In the search field, enter the name of the required datacenter.
- From the list of available items, select the VMware Datacenter object along with the corresponding VMware Datacenter - Storage object, and click Add.
- Click OK.
- At the Summary step, review configuration information and click Create.
- Click Close.
As a result, the widget will show the state of vCenter Servers, physical hosts, clusters, VMs, storage and resource utilization for the datacenter.