Step 3. Import Veeam Management Packs and Install VE Service and Veeam UI
Import Veeam management packs and install the VE Service and Veeam UI:
- Log on to a Management Server using an account with local Administrator permissions.
- Download the latest version of the Veeam MP for Microsoft System Center installation image from the Download Veeam products page. Mount the installation image to the machine on which you plan to install Veeam MP for VMware or burn the image file to a flash drive or other removable storage device.
After you mount the installation image or insert the installation disc, the setup will open the splash screen with Veeam Management Pack installation options.
- In the Veeam Management Pack 9a of the splash screen, click Install.
- Complete the Veeam Management Pack Setup wizard.
- At the License Agreement step, read and accept the license agreement. If you reject the agreement, you will not be able to continue installation.
- At the Provide License step, click Browse to locate the .lic file supplied to you by Veeam. You will not be able to continue installation without providing a license.
- At the Program Features step, choose components to install. If necessary, you can change the installation directory.
If you are installing Veeam MP for VMware components separately, you must first import Veeam management packs, and then install the VE Service, Veeam UI and Collectors.
- At the Veeam VMware Collector deployment type step, choose a Collector deployment type.
This scenario implies that you use the Veeam VMware Collector Auto-Deployment feature to automatically deploy Collectors on Management Servers. Click Autodeploy (Managed by SCOM) to proceed.
- At the Management Servers Resource Pool for Veeam VMware step, choose a Management Server resource pool that will host Collectors.
You can use the default All Management Servers Resource Pool or a resource pool created earlier.
- At the System Configuration Check step, the installer checks if all prerequisite software is available on the target system.
If some of the required software components are missing, the wizard will offer to install the missing components automatically. To do that, click Install.
When all required software is installed, click Re-check to repeat verification.
- At the Port Selection step, specify the TCP port that will be used by the VE Service (by default, 8084) and the port required to connect to the Veeam UI (by default, 4430).
For the full description of ports used by Veeam MP for VMware and their default values, see Network Protocols and Ports.
- At the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Service Credentials step, enter credentials of an account under which the VE Service will run. Use the DOMAIN\USERNAME format to specify the user name.
For more information on accounts and privileges, see Required Permissions.
- At the Ready to Install step, review installation settings. Click Install to begin installation.
The setup will install Veeam MP for VMware components and import Veeam management packs to the Management Server.
When installation completes, perform the logoff/logon procedure to create the Veeam Virtualization Extensions Users local group that will be used to accommodate the service account. If there are other users who will need access to the Veeam UI to configure the VMware monitoring, add these user accounts to this group.
Keep in mind that the Veeam MP for VMware deployment process continues even after all management packs are imported.
Depending on the OpsMgr infrastructure performance, it may take several hours for reports and SQL Server stored procedures to be deployed to the OpsMgr reporting server. This is why some widgets may not function and reports may not be visible in the OpsMgr console during this period.