Veeam MP for VMware Auto-Deployment
The auto-deployment installation scenario is suitable for large environments with several OpsMgr Management Servers. The scenario allows you to automatically deploy Veeam VMware Collector components on chosen Management Servers.
This section describes a simple auto-deployment scenario where:
- The VE Service, Veeam UI and Veeam management packs are installed on one Management Server.
- Collectors are deployed on Management Servers in a resource pool.
To enable installation of Collectors, make sure that local security policies do not prevent program installation under the Default Action Account on the Management Servers.
To deploy Veeam MP for VMware, follow these steps:
- Create a resource pool with Management Servers that will host Collectors.
- Configure Management Servers to allow Proxying.
- Install the VE Service and Veeam UI, and import Veeam management packs.
- Configure the Veeam VMware Collector Auto-Deployment Run-As profile.
After you complete these steps, you can customize and tune Veeam MP for VMware for your particular monitoring requirements. For more information, see the Operations Guide.
In the described scenario, all Veeam MP for VMware components are installed on the same Management Server, and Veeam management packs are imported automatically during the setup. However, you can install the Veeam UI on a separate machine or import the Veeam management packs manually.