How Health Rolls Up
The health roll up for Veeam MP for VMware objects is as follows:
- The state of VMs will roll up to the state of the VM container on the host, which is visible in the host state view.
- However the state of the VM container does not roll up to impact host state. This is by design, as a VM problem does not necessarily indicate a host problem.
- The state of vSphere host components (such as Security Profile, HBAs, NICs, HARDWARE SENSORS and so on) rolls up to the state of the host.
- The state of vSphere host rolls up to impact the state of cluster.
- The state of clusters is rolled up to the very top level of the topology to datacenter, and to the vCenter Server.