Monitor/ Alert Name
Veeam VMware: vSphere Host Maintenance Mode Tracker
vSphere Host Maintenance Mode Tracker
GREEN (clear) Status:
This vSphere host [hostname] entered Maintenance Mode in vCenter.
Veeam MP for VMware will synchronize by putting the host into Ops Mgr Maintenance Mode. Note that VMs on this host (and contained Ops Mgr agents, if any) will NOT enter Maintenance Mode.
Notes on Maintenance Mode Tracker
- Put a vSphere host in maintenance mode in vCenter.
- Ops Mgr responds by:
- Setting Host Maintenance Mode Sync object to Warning, and raises warning alert “Host entered Maintenance Mode”
- Running the script to put Host and child objects in Ops Mgr maintenance mode.
- These child objects of host will NOT go in Ops Mgr maintenance mode — the Maintenance mode Sync object itself, and the VM-Container object (including contained VMs).
- The Host will stay in Ops Mgr maintenance mode for as long as the timer parameter on the monitor (default 24 hours), if the Monitor timer expires (default 24 hours) the rule can be enabled that will re-trigger maintenance mode script to extend the duration. This rule is not enabled by default and should be enabled manually.
- When the host is removed from maintenance mode in vCenter
- Host Maintenance Mode Sync object state will go green, Maintenance mode alert will close
- Script will take Host and child objects out of Ops Mgr maintenance mode
- Normal monitoring of this host will resume