Step 2. Upgrade Additional Veeam VMware Collectors
For each Collector in your environment that is installed on a VM that does not run the Management Server role, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the server where the Veeam VMware Collector component is installed.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD/DVD drive or mount the installation image. The setup will open the splash screen with Veeam Management Pack installation options.
- In the installation section of the splash screen, click Veeam VMware Collector and follow the instructions provided in the Collector-Only Installation section.
During upgrade, do not move monitoring jobs between Collectors of different versions, as this can cause unstable behavior.
If you want to use the Veeam VMware Collector Auto-Deployment feature:
- Create a resource pool for Collectors as described in the Installing Veeam MP for VMware section.
- Configure Veeam VMware Collector Auto-Deployment Run As Profile as described in the Installing Veeam MP for VMware section.
- Wait one hour for the Collectors to upgrade.
You can also run Collector installation MSI manually, and provide the additional Veeam Virtualization Extensions server name and port parameters as follows:
msiexec /i VeeamCollector64.msi VIC_EM_SERVER=”ves_name” VIC_EM_SERVER_PORT=”ves_port”
After you upgrade Collectors, the VMware topology will be discovered only in 24 hours. However, you can speed up the discovery process if you run the Rebuild Topology task in the Veeam UI. For details on how to run this task, see the Operations Guide.