Performance Analysis Monitors
Veeam MP for VMware has a unique feature of Performance Analysis Monitors. These monitors can:
- Accept multiple performance metric inputs, with multiple thresholds.
- Gather related data on other vSphere objects and perform realtime analytics.
- Output dynamically generated Alert Descriptions.
The auto-generated description text may include:
- ‘Top N’ related objects (for example the “Top 5 VMs for CPU usage” on a given host)
- Troubleshooting hints (such as “CPU Limit setting on this VM is very low”)
- Additional guidance and metric correlation data
The definition for one of these advanced monitors is shown below as an example. This monitor gathers 3 key metrics related to VM memory usage, specifically:
For definitions of these metrics see the Veeam MP for VMware Reference.
In This Section