Step 12. Review Monitoring Jobs and Load
The Monitoring Load step now shows:
- Monitoring Groups. Production and Development groups are shown.
- New Jobs and Existing Jobs in each group. New jobs are now all located in the Development group.
- Monitoring Jobs. In the Development vCenter Server, there is one stand-alone host (‘172.16.13.47’), and one cluster (‘Dev Cluster’). As with all vCenter Servers, there is also a datastores job and a New Job Placeholder.
- Monitoring load. The load is calculated according to the total number of objects (hosts, VMs, datastores and so on) in the target vCenter Server. The total monitoring load for each monitoring group is shown.
- Recommended Collectors. Based on the monitoring load, the number of recommended Veeam Collector servers will be displayed. In this case, one Collector per group is the recommended minimum.
- License status: expiry date, and required and available sockets.
In the requirements for this example, monitoring load is well within limits for both groups. The Development vCenter cluster and stand-alone host are checked and will be monitored. All targets added in future will be monitored automatically and all new jobs for this vCenter Server will be placed in the same Development monitoring group.
Settings of the 10-minute collection interval and disabled virtual machine monitoring have already been set for the Development monitoring group.
No further configuration is required. Click Finish to add this vCenter Server target for monitoring by the Veeam Virtualization Extensions.