Choose product document...
Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 6 for System Center
Veeam MP for VMware User Guides
Veeam VMware Collector
The Veeam VMware Collector component agentlessly gathers data from VMware systems, and re-publishes it for Operations Manager to consume.
Each Collector requires a Windows server meeting the following criteria:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later. Server 2012 or 2012 R2 is recommended.
- Both virtual machine and physical computer are supported.
- Minimum 4 x 2GHz CPU and 4GB of RAM. More heavily loaded systems will require more.
- A server dedicated to the Collector role is strongly recommended, especially when monitoring large VMware environments. The above configuration can process the data for between 500 – 1000 virtual machines. Scalability considerations are discussed later in this document.
- Installing the Veeam VMware Collector on an Ops Mgr Management Server is highly recommended to achieve best performance and scalability.