Veeam Collectors Tab
The Veeam Collectors tab displays a hierarchy of monitoring groups, Veeam Collectors within these groups and distribution of monitoring jobs assigned to Collectors.
Select the necessary node in the tree on the left to view details for the selected object. The list of operation tasks applicable to the object will be available in the Actions pane on the right. The list of configuration tasks applicable to the selected object will be available in the Configuration pane on the right.
If you used the Veeam VMware Collector Auto-Deployment feature to automatically deploy Veeam VMware Collectors on Management Servers from a chosen resource pool, the name of the resource pool will be visible in the details pane when the Veeam Collectors node is selected.
Depending on the selected hierarchy object, you will be able to perform actions described below.
Context-independent actions are actions that you can perform on each level of the Veeam Collectors hierarchy:
- Create Monitoring Group — creating a new monitoring group for configuring Collector High Availability.
- Load Balance All Jobs — relocating monitoring jobs across all available Collectors within all monitoring groups to equalize monitoring load on each Collector.
- Rebuild Full Topology — triggering re-discovery of the VMware topology in the OpsMgr (for all Collectors in all monitoring groups).
- Split Clusters — split host clusters into multiple monitoring jobs to allow more flexible load-balancing.
Veeam Collectors Operations
For the Veeam Collectors level of the hierarchy, the following operations are available:
- Collector Settings — changing collection settings for all Collectors in all monitoring groups. For the list of Collector settings, see Collector Settings.
- Set Collection Interval — changing baseline data collection interval to control the granularity of the published data.
- Activity Log — viewing information, warnings and errors related to the Veeam Virtualization Extensions operations.
Monitoring Group Operations
For a monitoring group, the following operations are available:
- Rename Group — renaming the monitoring group.
- Remove Group — removing the monitoring group. Note that you can remove only empty groups; if the group you want to delete contains any jobs or Collectors, you will need to select another monitoring group as a destination for the items in the selected group.
- Set Collection Interval — changing baseline data collection interval for all Collectors in the group.
- Load Balance — relocating monitoring jobs across all available Collectors within the monitoring group to equalize monitoring load on each Collector.
For a Collector, the following operations are available:
- Collector Settings — changing collection settings for the selected Collector. For a list of Collector settings, see Collector Settings.
- Rebuild Topology — triggering re-discovery of the VMware topology in the OpsMgr, for the selected Collector only.
- Stop Service, Start Service, Restart Service — stopping, starting and restarting the Veeam VMware Collector service on the Collector server.
- Unregister Collector — removing the Collector from the Veeam Virtualization Extensions configuration.
You can change the assignment of Collectors by moving them between monitoring groups.
To move a Collector, select it in the hierarchy on the left; drag-and-drop the jobs to the required monitoring group. Use the [CTRL] or [SHIFT] keys to select multiple Collectors.
Monitoring Job Operations
You can change the assignment of monitoring jobs by moving the jobs (including host, cluster and datastore jobs within one vCenter Server) to another Collector or monitoring group.
To move a job, select it in the hierarchy on the left; drag-and-drop the jobs to the required Collector or monitoring group. Use the [CTRL] or [SHIFT] keys to select multiple jobs.