This report analyzes alerting activity and provides information on the most frequent alerts that occur in the virtual infrastructure across a time range.
In this example, the report allows you to find out 10 most frequent alerts that were triggered for vSphere hosts during this week.
To run this report:
- From the From list, choose This week > Monday. From the To list, choose This week > Friday.
- From the Object Type list, select VMware vSphere Host.
- In the Count field, type 10.
- Click Run to view the report.
The report will show statistics for top 10 host-related alerts that occurred most frequently during the week.
It can be seen from the report output below that the “Top Noisy” monitor of the week was the Veeam VMware: vSphere Host CPU Ready Time Analysis monitor since it triggered:
- 829 alerts in total (that is, 74% of all alerts included in the report)
- 280 alerts caused by the prod-esx1 host
- 271 alerts caused by the prod-esx3 host
- 265 alerts caused by the prod-esx2 host
- 9, 3 and 1 alerts caused by esx51-2.veeam.local, ahost.veeam.local and esx51-2.veeam.local hosts correspondingly.
You can click a number in the Count column of the output table to drill down to the Veeam Alert History Report from the Veeam Report Library.