This report analyzes virtual infrastructure configuration changes, provides detailed information on changes performed within the reporting period and helps track the most frequently changed configuration properties. The report also analyzes the number of alerts triggered during the reporting period, so that you can see correlation between the performed configuration changes and triggered alerts.
In this example, the report allows you to track configuration changes concerning compute resources (CPU and memory) allocated to a group of virtual machines and analyze how these changes influenced the number of alerts raised in your virtual environment during the current and previous weeks.
To run this report:
- From the From list, choose Previous week > Sunday. From the To list, choose This week > Saturday.
- From the Group changes by list, choose Property.
- From the Order objects by list, choose Name.
- In the Scope section, include the necessary virtual machines in the report.
- In the Properties field, select:
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Count
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Limit MHz
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Reservation MHz
VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Shares
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Allocation MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Limit MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Reservation MB
VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Shares
- Click Run to view the report.
In the Summary section, the report will display the following charts:
- The Top 5 most changing properties chart will show 5 most frequently changed properties
- The Number of changes and alerts by day chart will show day-by-day of configuration changes performed and the number of alerts raised
In this example, the report shows that during the current and previous weeks the most frequently changed properties were: VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Allocation MB, VMware Virtual Machine: Memory Shares, VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Reservation MHz, VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Count and VMware Virtual Machine: CPU Limit MHz — each of them has been changed more than 200 times.
For each VM, the details table will provide information for each registered property change: the date of change, old and new property values.