Switching to Maintenance Mode
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to put an object storage repository into Maintenance mode. You can use this mode if you need to perform service actions with an object storage.
An object storage in the Maintenance mode operates with the limited functionality, as described in Maintenance Mode Limitations.
An object storage can be put into both the Maintenance and the Sealed modes at the same time. When both modes are applied, limitations of Maintenance mode override limitations of Sealed mode.
To put an object storage into the Maintenance mode, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select an object storage and click Maintenance mode on the ribbon or right-click an object storage and select Maintenance mode.
To remove the object storage repository from the Maintenance mode, select the extent and click Maintenance Mode on the ribbon or right-click the extent and select Maintenance mode once again.
The following table lists limitations that are imposed right after an object storage repository is put into the Maintenance mode.
Removing backups from configuration
Moving backups to object storage
Copying backups to object storage
Downloading data from object storage
Moving backups to capacity tier (manual operation)
Copying backups to performance tier (manual operation)
Restoring data from backup files residing on object storage
Exporting as .VBK file from backup files residing on object storage
Removing backups or VMs created with the per-machine method
Synchronization is skipped for backup chains located in object storage repositories. Obsolete restore points will only be removed from backup chains on the extents.
Scale-out backup repository rescan
Synchronization is skipped for object storage repositories.
- Moving Backups to Capacity Tier
- Copying Backups to Capacity Tier
- How Downloading from Capacity Tier Works
- Manually Moving Backups to Capacity Tier
- Restore from Capacity Tier
- Exporting Backups
- Retention Policy
- Removing Backups from Capacity or Archive Tier
- Rescanning Scale-Out Repositories
- Evacuating Backups from Performance Extents