Restoring Microsoft Active Directory Items
To restore Microsoft Active Directory items from a backup or replica, Veeam Backup & Replication uses Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory.
Before you restore Microsoft Active Directory items, check requirements and limitations listed in the Planning and Preparation section in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. One of the main requirements is that the backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Microsoft Active Directory on the ribbon. Alternatively, right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Microsoft Active Directory objects.
- In the opened Microsoft Active Directory Object Restore wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore application items.
Then Veeam Backup & Replication opens Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory. In this explorer, you can browse, search, restore application items and so on. The detailed information is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory main section of the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. For example:
- Information about viewing and searching objects in the backup file is in the Browsing, Searching and Viewing Items section.
- Information about adding a database manually is in the Adding Standalone Databases section.
- Information about restoring process is in the Data Restore section.