Consider the following when adding an object storage repository:
- The addition of object storage repositories requires Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition or higher.
- Make sure to open required ports to communicate with object storage repositories in advance, as described in Used Ports.
- Make sure the S3 Compatible device you are adding supports AWS v4 signature. For more information about authentication requests, see this Amazon article.
- When adding Amazon S3 object storage, only the Standard and Standard-IA storage classes are supported. For more information about Amazon S3 storage classes, see this Amazon article.
- Object storage gateway appliances that operate in filer (CIFS/NFS) or block device (iSCSI/FC/SAS) mode and offload data to object storage are only supported when all the backup data created by Veeam is stored on a gateway appliance altogether. To offload older restore points, use Veeam Scale out Backup Repository Capacity Tier instead. For more information, see Capacity Tier.
The same applies to storage gateway filer appliances (CIFS/NFS) that offload data to tapes (hierarchical storage management); use Veeam Backup to Tape jobs instead. For more information, see Tape Devices Support.