Step 2. Specify HPE 3PAR Web Services API Address and Storage Role
Veeam Backup & Replication uses the HPE 3PAR Web Services API to work with HPE 3PAR StoreServ storage systems. The HPE 3PAR Web Services API delivers a programming interface for performing storage management tasks.
At the Name step of the wizard, provide information about the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server, provide a description and storage role.
- In the DNS name or IP address field, enter a full DNS name, or IPv4 or IPv6 address of the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server or HPE Primera server. Note that you can use IPv6 addresses only if IPv6 communication is enabled as described in IPv6 Support.
- In the URL field, enter a URL of the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the following URL:
where <websapiserver> is the name or IP address of the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server.
- In the Description field, provide a description for future reference. The default description contains information about the user who added the server, date and time when the server was added.
- In the Role section, select the types of backup jobs that are allowed to access this storage system:
- The Block or file storage for VMware vSphere option is not available for Microsoft Hyper-V integration.
- Select the Block storage for Microsoft Windows servers check box to allow backup of Veeam Agents.
When you select any of these check boxes, additional steps of the wizard will appear.
If you do not select any check box, Veeam Backup & Replication displays an error. To proceed with the wizard, select at least one check box.