The Host step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change the location and settings for the recovered VMs.
At the Host step of the wizard, specify a target host for the recovered VMs:
- In the VM location list, select one or more VMs and click Host.
- From the virtual environment, select a standalone or clustered host where the selected VMs must be registered.
To quickly find the necessary object, use the search field at the bottom of the Select Host window:
- Click the button on the left of the field to select the necessary type of object that should be searched for: SCVMM, Cluster or Host.
- Enter an object name or a part of it in the search field.
- Click the Start search button on the right or press [Enter].
You cannot restore workloads to a Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2 Cluster due to Microsoft's limitations. You can restore workloads to Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 Failover Cluster or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 Failover Cluster.