The Name step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change the location and settings for recovered machines.
You can change a name of each restored machine and select whether you want to preserve its UUID or change it. It is recommended that you specify a new name and generate a new UUID for a machine to prevent conflicts if the original machine still resides in the production environment. The name and ID change is not required if the original machine no longer exists, for example, it was permanently deleted.
To change a machine name:
- Select a machine in the list and click Name. To apply changes in bulk, select several machines and click Name.
- In the Change Name section, enter a new name explicitly or specify a change name rule by adding a prefix and/or suffix to the original machine name.
You can also change machine names directly in the list:
- Select a machine in the list.
- Click the New Name field and enter the name to be assigned to the recovered machine.
You can specify how Veeam Backup & Replication must handle unique identifiers of the recovered machine. By default, a recovered machine is identified with the same UUIDs as the original machine. If necessary, you can assign a new UUID to the recovered machine.
To view or change machine identification settings:
- Select one or more machines in the list and click VM UUID.
- Select to preserve the machine ID or generate a new machine ID.