Specifying Destination for One VM
The Destination step of the wizard is available if you restore one workload.
Specify the following settings for the restored VM:
- In the Restored VM name field, specify a name for the restored VM.
- In the Host field, specify a host on which the VM must run.
- In the VM folder field, specify a folder to which the restored VM files must be placed.
- In the Resource pool field, select a resource pool to which the VM must be placed.
- In the Networks section, you can see all networks to which the original workload is connected. Select a network which you want to map and click Choose.
The Select Network window displays all networks to which the target host or cluster is connected. In the list of networks, select a network to which the restored VM must be connected.
- Click the Advanced button and choose whether to preserve the workload BIOS UUID or generate a new one.
It is recommended that you select to generate a new BIOS UUID to prevent conflicts if the original workload still resides in the production environment. The BIOS UUID change is not required if the original workload no longer exists, for example, it was deleted.