Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to put an object storage repository into Seal mode.
Sealing up object storage gives you the ability to gradually remove data located in such storage by applying a retention policy. You can use this feature to gracefully stop using some of your object storage as backup repositories and exclude them from the scale-out backup repository configuration altogether.
When sealing up object storage, Veeam Backup & Replication restricts any further data transfer to such a sealed storage and allows only operations listed in Seal Mode Limitations.
All restore points that exceed the specified retention period will be continuously removed from the sealed object storage, as described in Retention Policy.
Consider the following:
- An object storage repository can be put into seal mode only if it is a member of the scale-out backup repository.
If an object storage repository was not added as part of any of your scale-out backup repositories, the Seal Extent option will not be available.
- An object storage repository can be put into both maintenance and seal modes at the same time.
To put on object storage repository into seal mode, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select an object storage repository and click Seal Extent on the ribbon or right-click an object storage repository and select Seal extent.
To switch back to normal, repeat steps 1 and 2, and at the step 3, click the Sealed button once again or clear the Sealed check box.
In This Section