To recover workloads as Hyper-V VMs, you can use the following backups:
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines created with Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups of virtual and physical machines created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Backups of Nutanix AHV virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV
Support of instant recovery of AHV VMs to Hyper-V environment is “experimental”. For details, see the Veeam Experimental Support Statement.
- Backups of Amazon EC2 instances created with Veeam Backup for AWS*
- Backups of Microsoft Azure virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure*
* After backups are copied from external repositories using backup copy jobs.
Before starting Instant VM Recovery, check prerequisites. Then use the Instant VM Recovery wizard to recover workloads as VMs.
- Launch the Instant VM Recovery wizard
- Select workloads
- Select a restore point
- Select a recovery mode
- Select a target host
- Select a target datastore
- Specify network mapping
- Change VM name and UUID
- Specify secure restore settings
- Specify a restore reason
- Verify Instant VM Recovery settings
- Finalize Instant VM Recovery