You can remove any external repository from the application scope if you no longer need it.
When an external repository is being removed, Veeam does the following:
- Removes the corresponding checkpoint in associated Amazon S3 object storage to relinquish ownership (if any).
- Removes associated external repository records from the configuration database.
- Removes associated cache from the gateway server.
To remove an external repository, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click External Repositories.
- In the working area, select an external repository and click Remove Repository on the ribbon or right-click the external repository and select Remove.