You can use Veeam Explorer for Oracle to restore databases from any successfully created backup of a virtualized Oracle system. The backup must be created with application-aware processing enabled and the corresponding options turned on.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Oracle from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups node.
- In the working area, select the necessary VM in the backup and click Application Items > Oracle on the ribbon. You can also right-click the VM and select Restore application items > Oracle database.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Oracle Database Restore wizard. You can use this wizard to automatically extract the Oracle database from the backup or replica and open it in Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
Detailed information about preparing your applications for item-level recovery and using with Veeam Explorer for Oracle is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Oracle help. To open the help, do one of the following:
- Open Veeam Explorer for Oracle and press [F1].
- Select Help > Online Help from the main menu of Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
- Use the following link: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/explorers/.