You can use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL to restore databases from any successfully created backup or replica of a virtualized Microsoft SQL Server. The backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled and the corresponding options turned on.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Microsoft SQL Server on the ribbon.
You can also right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Microsoft SQL Server Database Restore wizard. You can use this wizard to automatically extract the Microsoft SQL database from the backup or replica and open it in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL.
Detailed information about preparing your applications for item-level recovery and using with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL is provided in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. To view the guide, do one of the following:
- Open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server and press [F1] on the keyboard.
- Select Help > Online Help from the main menu of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL.